Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

Re: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT world

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:11:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cruisers and Destroyers in the FT world

> This brings to mind another aspect of the campaign game which might
> trickle down into ship
> designs - allocating extra space for things like flag bridges for
squadron
> command or
> allocating additional space for crew comfort and supplies and fuel to
> allow longer
> cruising operations. These are things which should show up as a few
cargo
> spaces or the
> like on long-distance commerce or penetration raiders, but we don't
have
> any designs that
> look this way right now officially.

When working on campaign systems I've always thought about this. You can
use cargo bays to simulate endurance. I certain 10% in bays gives you X
time the ship can remain away from port or a tender. It also makes
taking
replenishment vessels in fleets important in game terms aswell since you
can replenish your ships on the go.

Makes for interesting scenarios where you send a raiding force in to
buzz
the replenishment ships.

jaime

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding