Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

Re: [GZG] EMP effect on fighters?

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 06:51:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] EMP effect on fighters?

David Garnham wrote:

>> >silly question: I assume a class 1 EMP beam (ala ORC fleet) would
get to
>> >attack fighters just
>> >like a 'normal' class 1?
>>
>>Correct.
>
>Can I ask; would the EMP have the same effect as a point defence
weapon?

No, a Class-1 EMP battery would have the same effect on fighters as a
normal Class-1 Beam battery.

(Well, the same *game* effect anyway - the EMP fries all active systems
aboard the fighter whereas the standard beam blows the fighter's hull to

shrapnel, but either way the fighter is completely knocked out of the
battle by a single hit.)

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding