Prev: [GZG] Whatever happened to GZG WCC? Next: Re: [GZG] class 1 EMP

Re: [GZG] I.D.E.A. Inter-Dimensional Earth Alliance.

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:25:35 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] I.D.E.A. Inter-Dimensional Earth Alliance.

>I'm looking for an genre-based Earth Fleet to play so I can
>contribute to our newest thinly veiled pretense for crossovers, the
>Inter-Dimensional Earth Alliance. I don't want Federation, B5 Earth
>Alliance, Star Blazers, Robotech, or Starship Troopers, but I'd
>really like to build a "home team" so to speak. Anyone got any
>suggestions before I get insanely desperate and put my Green Lantern
>Heroclix on the tabletop against  E.E. Doc Smith's Lensmen?

Blake's 7 Federation.

If you've never heard of it, British science fiction series
from the late 70s. Laughable special effects by standards
of today (or even then in some cases) but mostly good plots
and characters.

Lots of fairly small ships by most show standards (more than
six hundred according to one episode), emphasising firepower
first, reasonable speed, not much protection. A discussion
we had on the list late last year suggested that for FT they
would be big destroyer to cruiser sized, armed with either
Phalon plasma bolts or human P-torps.

And if you've got Star Trek Federation in the IDEA as well,
your opponents are in for a severe shock when they find
that *this* Federation takes a "shoot first, hail later"
approach to potential opponents.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: [GZG] Whatever happened to GZG WCC? Next: Re: [GZG] class 1 EMP