Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:56:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

On 1/13/06, The Man in Black <mib.zero@gmail.com> wrote:

> > *simulationist - gamer that tries to use games (even
> > science fiction games) to model real-world or
> > real-thinking creature events and actions.	For them
> > the fun is seeing what happens when you game events
> > given these rules.
>
> Dramatist: - gamer that tries to use games to model fictional
characters,
> events and actions. For them the fun is immersion in another universe,
even
> if it requires perpetuating absurd cliches.

I take it that is the sort of gamer with sparkly pink dice?

Roleplayers who got into tactical wargaming because of colorfully
painted 'toy soldiers' or the burning desire to port Star Trek over to
FT.

There's also Humorists: Folks so desperate for attention that they
turn every gaming situation into a convoluted joke involving puns and
(often) sheep.

:P

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems