Prev: [GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft Next: RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

Re: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:41:45 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] Army Life

On 1/12/06, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> wrote:
> G'day,
>
> > Oh, rather like a State Fair, then?
>
> Kinda. From the state fair I've seen the US ones are still more like
how
> ours started, fairly agricultural in focus. They've morphed over here
> be more a carnival and food fest (heavy on expensive side show rides
> that are designed to make sure you bring up what ever greasy food you
> were silly enough to consume prior to getting on board) with the
> agriculture almost in the background (depending on which one you go
to,
> some still have more agriculture than others)
Actually, a lot of US fairs HAVE become that way too.  In fact, most
fairs I've ever attended here, be they state or county, were that way.
 Makes me wonder just which US State Fairs you've visited.  Del Mar
Fair, which is the county fair for San Diego County (and as big as
most State Fairs) is EXACTLY like you describe the "Ekka".

Prev: [GZG] [DS,Sgish semiOT] New landing craft Next: RE: [GZG] [OT] Army Life