Prev: Re: [GZG] [25mm] Pig Iron Miniatures Next: RE: [GZG] [25mm] Pig Iron Miniatures

RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:36:27 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

Yes, you could stack most of your VP in a single ship, but the players
who do that would be the same ones who put all their NPV into a single
or couple of large ships.

In the scenario where you place most of your VP in a single small ship,
your opponent might just pack a few high-speed DD's armed with a P-torps
to take down such stragglers.

VP doesn't necessarily change how a player is going to assemble his
fleet, but it can change how they use the fleet.  Players currently
subconsciously allocate VP (based on NPV) to their ships, I would
propose to formalize the process so that it could be used in a
tournament format by anyone.

Unless specified in the scenario, most players calculate who won by
simply counting the NPV of the ships destroyed. VP gives a different
scale in which to calculate victory.  If people don't like the hidden or
random aspect, then more formalized rules limiting VP allocation can be
created. I know that people already use house rules for generating
fleets that prevent the munchkin or mega-ship strategies and those rules
can simply be applied to VP. (i.e. minimum 1 point per ship, no more
than X points per ship, etc.)

--Binhan