Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:53:39 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems

G'day,

> But in Real Life, the difference between an American Carrier Battle
Group and 90%
> of the world's navies is so vast that it wouldn't be entertaining to
game except
> as an academic exercise.  Schemes to equalize the the tech gap
generally make
> for bad games too...

Not trying to be perverse, but that's not universally held opinion.
Scenario generation is critical but we've had some enjoyable games with
quite large tech differences. Its not everyone's cup of tea admittedly,
but I for one enjoy playing very low tech forces just to see how well I
would do (i.e. don't expect to win but how far can smarts get me).
However I must admit that on a more regular basis uneven tech games
would tend to be between highest and next step (or only a few steps)
down. That's when you get to see what fun a Sandy Woodward or
Commonwealth subs playing propeller tag can lead to ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game