Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

[GZG] RE: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "Steven Gott" <stevengott@h...>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:17:46 -0800
Subject: [GZG] RE: [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Steven G said:
>So, the md4 ship will have an extra 6 hull spaces to dedicate to
>arcs or put in a L2 screen.  It seems like an interesting tradeoff.
Large
>arcs
>allow larger ships to engage multiple targets spread across multiple
arcs.
>The F arc ship can only engage targets in a given arc.

Laserlight said:
The point being that it is quite easy to make sure you have your
target in F arc. Granted, if you're a ig ship shooting at lots of
small targets, you may need to cover multiple arcs.

All F arc ships should have aproximately 50% firepower than 3 arc ships.

That could be a decisive advantage in a flyby attrition pass.  However,
if
you don't get your target into F arc and your target keeps you in his 3
arc
then your are hosed.

Steven G said:
>I can PSB the 5/6 ths time issue by saying that you can track
>targets in your aft arc but not fire at them if you fire the thrust
drive.

Laserlight said:
So?  If you're in my F arc 6/6 of the time, and I'm in your F arc 1/6
of the time, shouldn't you do less damage?

Depends on how long weapons fire.  If weapons take a long time to charge
up
then fire a few pulses then the 1/6 time may not matter.  If fire is
continous then your point makes sense.

-Steven G

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....