Prev: Re: [GZG] turning circles Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] turning circles

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:55:02 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] turning circles

The problem with turning circles for Vector movement in space is that
the turning radius is so dependent on ship velocity. The faster you
are moving, the larger the radius. If you have accumulated a velocity
of 30 mu/turn, there is no way you should be able to turn a 10 mu
radius. On Earth, you have drag that limits your speed based on your
thrust and drag coefficients.

Tony C.

On 6-Jan-06, at 2:54 PM, Scott Siebold wrote:

> I assumed that with all of the arguments on how to handle ship
> maneuvers
> that some time in the past turning circles had been brought up and
> rejected. I am not sure of this so I am bringing them up now.

[snip]

Prev: Re: [GZG] turning circles Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....