Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OT] I'm back

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:35:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] I'm back

On 1/5/06, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:05:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@spikyfishthing.com>
> Subject: Re: [GZG] [OT] I'm back

> Interesting. I've got to admit I've always prefered forums over email
> lists.

I preferred Usenet over both, but spammers and migration to the web
have pretty much killed Usenet.

I'm not crazy about web forums. It's a pain saving someone's post that
you want to keep. The high volume forums (like rpg.net) lose messages
because of the "not on the first page" syndrome: a post gets knocked
off the first page because of high traffic and people being lazy clods
they don't go past the first couple of pages. An e-mail message can
get swamped, too, but at least the user has to select the message to
be deleted.

I don't participate on here much anymore (check the archives back in
the last years of the 90s and you'll see I was once much more active)
but I still skim the digest headings. I tend to focus on single
threads on web forums and forget to check for new posts for months on
end.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....