Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Jon's question on rotate/thrust/rotate

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:35:28 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

On 4 Jan 2006, at 09:38, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> 1) The system as it currently stands (FT/FB1/FB2 standard): ie, 1
> thrust point will rotate any ship to any heading in vector movement.
>
> a) I haven't played this but like it in theory.
> b) I haven't played this but dislike it in theory.
> c) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
> and like it.
> d) I've actually played this (with XXXX fleet(s) - please specify)
> and dislike it.
> e) I have no opinion on this option either way.
>
> Feel free to add comments as to WHY you like/dislike.....

Prefer this option as more realistic. Power to rotate a ship is
insignificant in vector terms compared to power to accelerate. If you
increase the number of thrust points you may as well dump vector as
you move away from a realistic model. Assuming that you have a
reaction drive, that is.

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
"Confident, Cocky, Lazy, Dead" Felix Jongleur
	  http://www.powerprojection.net/

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Jon's question on rotate/thrust/rotate