Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:17:32 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ground Zero Games" <jon@gzg.com>
snip
> Have no fear, there is ABSOLUTELY no intention of FT going down this
> route..... yes, the fact that the rules are spread across multiple
books
> is problem, caused by the evolution of the game over time and the fact

> that we are still primarily a miniatures manufacturer rather than a
book
> publisher (the books are there to sell the minis, rather than
vice-versa),
> but that is why we are working on FT3 as a proper all-in-one-place
> version. I realise that the progress towards it probably seems
glacially
> slow (bit of understatement here...) but it WILL happen!  ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)

As Laserlight said the basic Full thrust rules would likely fit on 4 A4
pages.

Each of the listed technology types would fit on 2-3 pages each.

Most of the pages of the rule books come from the descriptions of the
ships.

If GZG is primarily a miniatures company I'd be using the website to
publish
stats for each ship that gets released. Nothing like new stat lines to
help
sell the models.

I'd also be really interested in what happened to the FT universe
timeline.
This would provide a context for the new ships and how they have been
built.
I'm guessing that the Kra'Vak got beaten back from human space otherwise

there would be no human shipyards to make the new ships.

Are the new ships being developed to lead the push into KV space? Would
warm
the bones of most human Admirals to think of massed human fleets finally

getting to take to the KV in their own territory.

It would also be nice to have a universe where the timeline could
progress
and isn't simply more things happening at the same time.

John

Prev: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....