Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:57:35 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 17:38, damosan@comcast.net wrote:
> From: Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com>
>
> > THe only real way to really integrate the two (movement/firing) is
> > start down the path of "impulse charts" ala SFB.
>
> I was thinking along the lines of having FT play along like SG, DS, or
FMA.
>  Each player alternates moving/firing one ship (or one group) at a
time.
> The ship/squadron performs parts of it's move, fires, and then
finishes the
> move.

Seconded. Actually, I really like the system in Wargods of Aegyptus
(fantasy wargame), where each player takes a turn to activate a units -
any unit, not just their own. Initiative can be modified by command
quality and technology (jamming/sensors etc). If you win initiative
by a lot, then you activate more than one unit before the opponent.

You could force the enemy to move a unit first, thereby preventing
them from responding to your actions, but maybe giving them the
opportunity to damage/kill one of your ships.

It removes the most complicated part of FT - writing movement orders.
(though WoE has you declare vague orders for each unit before any
activations are done).

Not sure how that would affect things like salvo missiles (fire on
activation, explode at end of turn...? easy to avoid if they fire
early, easy to place them on target if they fire last).

--
Be seeing you,			       http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....