Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:09:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

>> The *real* issue is that weapons fire is not integrated with
>> movement.  Everyone zips around the table and then says...now who
>> can I
>> shoot?   I'd like to see a fluid game turn that integrates fire and
>> movement....
>
> THe only real way to really integrate the two (movement/firing) is
> to start
> down the path of "impulse charts" ala SFB.

Nuh-uh! Not if we develop Passing Fire rules. :-)

One of the real problems with vector movement is that anything other
than "1 thrust (or less) for any rotation" is the most realistic (as
far as it goes) for a space game. Limiting 1 thrust per facing or two
facings is pure game engineering only to balance things - and each
solution is still not far less than 100% friendly to cinematic ship
design. Vector games are intrinsically different than cinematic
games, and thus vector ships *should* be intrinsically different than
cinematic. I don't like to use most FB ships in vector games (Except
for the NAC furious - which I hate in Cinematic), but would be pretty
happy with the KV.

Bizarre Hempen Analog	 (Noam Raphael Izenberg - pass that clip
along, please)

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: RE: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....