Prev: Re: More Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:00:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Hi All,

I haven't played an FT game with vector movement, so take this for what
it's worth...

A buddy of mine has me playing (periodically) a wierd merge of Attack
Vector (super-detailed, not meant for humans system) and Starmada (easy
play, like FT, but different mechanics) to do Viper vs Cylon Raider
dogfights.  Using a modified version of the AV vector movement system we

give normal thruster to increase/decrease speed, and each fighter has
vector thrusters to exectute changes of facing.  1 vector thruster
allows
1 change of facing (30 degrees) during one turn.  If you have 6 vector
thrusters, you can (obviously) execute more changes of direction.

The system works very well.  If you applied the same kind of hting to FT

(though you'd likely have to add some boxes for the vector thrusters),
you
could easily differentiate between the nimble frigates and destroyers
and
the not-so-nimble dreadnaughts and such.

<shrug>

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University