Prev: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse Next: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse

Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:45:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Vectoring Kra'Vak

David Billinghurst wrote:

> >>Or do most big actions take place at low velocity (by big action I'm
> >>talking 1500 - 2000 points plus)?
> >
> >Generally yes, though it depends a lot on your definition of "low
> >velocity". (Different gaming groups can have very different
definitions of
> >this - eg., for me any Cinematic speeds lower than 20 are "slow"
while
> >"fast" doesn't start until somehwere around 40+ and "too fast" is
almost
> >unheard of; OTOH I've met other Cinematic players who considered
speeds
> >above 12 to be "ridiculously fast".)
>
>How big a playing area do you use?

My old table was 120x80 mu; my current one is 240x120 mu.

>I'm clued in on the floating table
>thing, having used it in Napoleonic Naval (and we played on a 3 metre
by 5
>metre table with big fleets) but at 40 MU V, you'd be off the table in
about
>four/five turns, and what would you starting V be?

I was talking about *Cinematic* speeds above, not Vector. Vector is
generally slower than Cinematic; I merely used the above speed examples
show the dangers with using vague terms like "slow" and "fast". What I
was
trying to say is that Vector is generally played at lower speeds than
Cinematic, but it is quite easy to find Vector-using gaming groups who
fly
faster than some Cinematic-using gaming groups.

Sorry for the confusion :-/

>Back to the Kra'Vak
[...]
>  Am I missing something?

That the Tuffleyverse (and all the Fleet Book designs) is written for
Cinematic movement, not Vector?

Happy New Year,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse Next: Re: [GZG] FTL Jump in Tunnyverse