Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: Re: [GZG] Rot Hafen

Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:28:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

On 12/13/05, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:36:30 -0500
> From: Adrian <adrian@stargrunt.ca>
> My problem with this is something I mentioned in a previous email - I
think
> you end up with too many actions and command-reactivations.

Okay, I think I see what you mean, and I handle it differently.

> If you had a platoon structured into fireteams, treat the fireteams as
> separate little units and allow the squad leaders to transfer actions
as
> well as the platoon leader, then you end up with a structure like
this:

> Platoon HQ
>
> Squad 1 Leader
> Squad 1 Team A
> Squad 1 Team B
>
> Squad 2 Leader
> Squad 2 Team A
> Squad 2 Team B
>
> Squad 2 Leader
> Squad 2 Team A
> Squad 2 Team B

<<snippage>>

> Squad 1 would have 2 actions for team A, 2 actions for team B and then
2
> actions for the squad leader who could transfer his actions to A and B
and
> reactivate them.

I would still make the squad leader the lowest level to activate. I
would NOT give the fire teams actions of their own. The squad leader
would get 2 actions, just as he does in regular Stargrunt. Fire teams
would only get an action if the squad leader motivates them directly
or transfers an action to them.

Yes, you are right, if you do it the way you outline you get 20
actions before transfers are taken into account, and 32 actions if all
transfers work. This is too much. If you only activate down to the
squad level you get 8 actions for the platoon. Now in most cases the
squad leaders would transfer actions to their fire teams (and move
with one of the fire teams for free, if they are on the move) so in
reality it would work out to 12 actions plus the HQ squad's action.

> That means you'll be getting something like 32 actions worth of
shooting
> and moving out of the platoon.

With my proposal, assuming that each squad leader transfers an action
to each fire team and the platoon HQ activates two squads with its
action, you would get 20 actions maximum, not 32 (three squads of 2
fire teams getting 2 actions per fire team, and then two squads being
re-activated).

Allan

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: Re: [GZG] Rot Hafen