Prev: Re: [GZG] Rot Hafen Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

From: Adrian <adrian@s...>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:13:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

> >SG doesn't model squad organization so
> > it is really up to you.
>
>Unless, of course, you decide to run fireteams as SG
>"squads".

What you end up with is effectively a platoon with a whole bunch of
squads.

The rules don't work all that well if you have a single headquarters
(the
platoon commander - able to transfer actions) with more than 5 or 6
separate elements under its command.  After that, command action
transfers
get diluted.

I've tried playing with squad commanders able to transfer actions to
fireteams, but I found that this lead to too many actions and
re-activations, and the game slowed down *a lot*.

In the end, my approach to "fire teams" within a rifle squad is to just
assume that this level of detail has been abstracted into the rules, and

the total effect of a squad of troops accounts for fire teams working in

concert.

Also, I use 25mm figures and with ground scale 1" = 10m, often end up
with
a single squad covering what might be 60 to 80m of area (possible within

the coherency rules).  That's plenty of space to account for two
fireteams
spreading out...

I find that the game runs smoothest with platoons having a headquarters
of
some kind, and 3 to 5 manoeuvre units.

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: [GZG] Rot Hafen Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs