Prev: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

From: Adrian <adrian@s...>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 00:16:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

> > I'm thinking for the doctrine I am going to follow it will be no
more
> than 2
> > IAVRs a turn.
>
>Actually what I'd do would be 2 actions, each firing 2 IAVRs, each
>salvo being at a different vehicle.

The more I think about this, the more I like the idea of allowing a
player
to salvo fire a couple of IAVRs from different troopers for a single
action.

> > In a real world squad you have a squad leader and a team leader in
each
> > squad?
>
>Usually 2 Team Leaders.  :)  Depending on precise organization.  But
>SG doesn't model squad organization so it is really up to you.

John, while I realise that "official" tables of organization may get
mucked
up when a unit is actually on operations, does the US Army go with a
squad
leader *and* fire team leaders, or with the squad leader leading one of
the
fire teams?

I ask because I *think* the current standard in the CF is for an
infantry
squad to have 9 troops - two fire teams of four (each with 3 riflemen
and a
SAW gunner, and one of the riflemen having a 40mm GL on his rifle), and
then the squad leader as the 9th guy.  Each of the fire teams would have
team leader.

(And, quite right, SG doesn't model any of this anyway... so being
"finicky" about it isn't worth the effort other than for personal
satisfaction).

Prev: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs