Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs Next: RE: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:28:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] IAVRs

The average soldier is carrying an IAVR.  Why would I want to bring in a
weapon
that does a poor job against armor and a poor job against aviation
targets?
I want
that  pilot running, not dropping bombs on my head.

I'm thinking for the doctrine I am going to follow it will be no more
than 2
IAVRs a turn.
I really can't see combining them with rifle fire.  6 IAVRs an 1 rifle
is
well into "playing the rules."

I'm also thinking that if I want more than three rockets someone else
will
have to give up an IAVR.

So it would not be abusive to say the rocketeer is carrying a rifle?

In a real world squad you have a squad leader and a team leader in each
squad?	That lets me cut
IAVRs to 4, 5 if no anti-aviation assets.  That is about what I wanted
but
couldn't justify.

Roger