Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Announce: Full Thrust at Cancon January 2006 Next: RE: [GZG] [FT] Announce: Full Thrust at Cancon January 2006

[OT] 'Mericans try to brag on weather... Re: [GZG] [FT] Announce: Full Thrust at Cancon January 2006

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:49:06 -0600
Subject: [OT] 'Mericans try to brag on weather... Re: [GZG] [FT] Announce: Full Thrust at Cancon January 2006

...next they'll try to impress with deadly fauna. *snicker*

Just wait til the spring Chinook's hit, right? Or, were these off the
mountains?

I remember up in Longmont trying to leave a Pizza Hut with some inlaws,
only to feel what seemed an explosion when the door had opened. We got
the
door closed again, only to find sister-in-law and her seven year old son
missing. When we could open the door and actually step outside, we were
told by Susan that little Johnny had been holding on to an upright out
front, and the wind had lifted him parallel to the ground. Small people
warning, indeed.

Usually a pleasant, snow-melting heat wave accompanies, though.

Course, we in Nebraska have some experience with winds-of-velocity; just
no
mountains to dump and funnel them to high pitch.

The_Beast

gzg-l-bounces@lists.csua.berkeley.edu wrote on 12/05/2005 10:29:04 AM:

> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Indy wrote:
>
> > > spectacular 'tornadic event' of 90km hour winds.
> >
> > Being from the MidWest of the US, I grew up with
> tornadoes. They're just
> > really fast carousels - with flying debris to dodge. :-)
>
> As I type this in Denver, there are many reports of wind
> gusts in the 60 mph
> range with a few reports of gusts over 80 mph.  Highest
> report: 92mph!
>
> http://www.atd.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/weather.cgi?

fields=tdry&fields=rh&fields=cpres0&fields=wspd&fields=wdir&fields=raina
&site=fl&units=english&period=5-