Prev: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: "Adrian" <al.ll@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:35:52 -0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

degree of sense in a way.

If you give foot infantry light motor vehicles they become motorised so
if you give armour light motor vehicles they become motorised too since
they're no longer armoured (in the real sense - kevlar isn't armour
against what tanks chuck at each other, it's just less thin toilet
paper).

If it isn't infantry, armour or artillery it must be "motorised" which I
believe has been long been a catch-all definition for almost any vehicle
that wasn't armed with heavy direct fire weapons.  I'm sure I've seen
WW1 photos of infantry on "motorbikes" classed as motorised.

Like the quote below says though, you are whatever your senior officer
says you are.  Just pray he doesn't suddenly start calling you
"motorised parachute marines".	I wouldn't like to jump out of a
perfectly healthy plane in a 5 ton lorry!

QUOTE

  If the officer says it's a "motorized tank platoon" then it's a
"motorized tank platoon."

  Gracias,

  Glenn "warbeads"

  UNQUOTE

Prev: Re: [GZG] OT: 25 MM Vehicle Size Comparisons Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault