Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:38:00 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault

Laserlight wrote on 11/24/2005 10:29:55 AM:

> > I know I was thinking fairly advanced colonies would tend to have
> most
> > manufacturing facilities, relatively automated, close to
> the 'band'.
> > Settlements would be close, but not integrated.
>
> Why not?  Unless your landing system is *highly*
> toxic/radioactive, or
> otherwise demands a huge amount of space, cities will grow up
> surrounding or adjacent to the spaceport.

OR is highly unreliable... ;->=

Like I said, have to cogitate more. I'll give up highly bogus reasons,
but
not the map/campaign itself.

However, one point of clarification: I never meant the 'band' had to be
empty, just not highly developed.

You know, now that I think about it, it could be a requirement of the
spacing guild. After the experience of housing developement around old
Terran airports, and potentially dangerous re-routing of approaches,
they
may force colonies to put it in their by-laws. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault Next: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault