RE: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault
From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:32:48 +1100
Subject: RE: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault
All of which are covered adequately in More Thrust.
Ortillery every 6 rounds in low orbit and non-ortillery isn't near as
effective for firesupport missions.
'Neath Southern Skies
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Tailby
> Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:25 AM
> To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Small thought re: Orbital Assault
> I am also not convinced that space bourne weaponry would be
> that effective in attacking ground targets or local space
> fighters. The planets atmoshpere will attenuate energy beams
> and or cause heat blooms to block futher fire. Missiles and
> kinetic projectiles suffer from reentry problems and would
> need special shielding to penetrate the planetary atmosphere.
> Also the starships will have problems staying on station in
> low orbit. They will be travelling over the planetary surface
> at high speed and so can't "stay on station" over a given
> point of the planetary surface.
1. Before opening any attachments, please check for viruses.
2. This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential
for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete all copies of this email.
3. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are
a statement of Australian Government Policy unless otherwise stated.
4. Electronic addresses published in this email are not conspicuous
and DVA does not consent to the receipt of commercial electronic
5. Please go to http://www.dva.gov.au/feedback.htm#sub to unsubscribe
of this type from DVA.
6. Finally, please do not remove this notice.
Gzg-l mailing list