Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

From: David Billinghurst <davebill@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:36:17 +1300
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] Re: First go at a campaign - some questions

A version of this, called 'The Sun Never Sets' by Dave Waxtel and Barry
Gray, appeared in The Courier magazine (Vol III, No. 4, Jan - Feb 1982,
eek,
there are probably a number of members of this list who are younger than
this magazine!	Yes, my child, in them thar days magazines were printed!
 On
paper! :) )

> The campaign system for The Sword and the Flame has an ingenious
> method of dealing with this.	Each player is both a British minister
> *and* a native ruler.  If I'm the Prince of Siam and the Tommies are
> really pounding on me, then in my persona as MP, I'm going to vote to
> send troops to Abyssinia, not Siam.

In FT, perhaps all the players would be members of the UN, or the
governing
council of one of the powers, while also protecting their patch when
playing
their own fleet or power.

Regards

David