Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Royal Dutch Commonwealth?

Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:45:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions

John Tailby wrote:
>>From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@tiscali.dk>
>>
> One issue that can occur with any "all on all" campaign is that the
way to win is for 2-3 players to ally together and then they crush 1-2
people very quickly for negliable losses. Its not really much fun or
even a test of skill if you are playing battles where you are outpointed
2 to 1.

> With the kind of mix you have you could easily get the 2 FSE and the
ESU player allying and then just about everyone else would need to ally
to keep them off.

True - on the other hand we have at least some VERY gentleman player
types. Me(ESU), the Kra'vak player, one of the ESU and the NSL player
usually go for the exciting game rather than the game we win. And being
the umpire I wouldn't probably try and limit my allying with anyone to a

fragile alligance at best. But yes players that go for the ultimate kill

might ruin it all. I will try and set up some player requirements that
will hopefully make them sure they want to participate and help out with

the "story" rather than win the game.

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site : http://www.krigsspil.dk - Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
MSN : claus_paludan [at] hotmail.com

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Royal Dutch Commonwealth?