Prev: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks - how I do them

Re: [GZG] Threshold checks - (how I do them and pre-plotted)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:45:24 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks - (how I do them and pre-plotted)

Mr. Burton West wrote on 10/31/2005 03:37:52 AM:

> In my experience most players start off by rolling the
> die, picking up
> the pen, crossing off the system, putting down the pencil,picking up
> the die again... which takes a lot longer.

Absolutely, but we usually have the ship's owner rolling dice, while an
unoccupied second party, who can also act as a 'witness', doing the
marking. You're point about streamlining the process is bang on.

However, I still think my color-coordinated bucket-o-dice is pretty
slick.
I DID coordinate for similar but not same, i.e., port-biased vs
starboard-biased vs. front-biased...

> I don't know that I like the idea of fixed damage rolls for the
> ship. If the owner knows(...)

Whoa! I meant 'Brilliant!' in the case of pre-game plotted by the GM,
and
unknown to the players. Heck of a lot of work, but I'd do it if I
thought
it'd get folks playing locally. *shrug*

FWIW, the last few games we didn't bother with DC, as they were
relatively
small ships, and would go boom fairly quick.

Oh, and you can partially impliment. In the case of DC, or the multiple
threshold crossing I mention, you could always fall back on rolling on
the
spot. Even pre-rolling just the first threshold across all ships could
be a
big way to help speed up the game.

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] First go at a campaign - some questions Next: Re: [GZG] Threshold checks - how I do them