Prev: Re: [GZG] Finished version of the roving mech (and his little friend) Next: [GZG] Threshold checks - how I do them

Re: [GZG] Laserlight's force at the next ECC

From: "john tailby" <John_Tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:20:23 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Laserlight's force at the next ECC

I don't know that I like the idea of fixed damage rolls for the ship. If
the
owner knows what the damage is going to be they get very predicable
results
like I don't get engines damaged until the 3rd row.

It also prevents the uncertainty of a ships hyper drive getting damaged
and
preventing its escape or a big K weapon going off line at a critical
moment.

If rolling for results after each ship firing is too slow to play just
aply
the damage after all firing and then make one set of rolls based on the
total damage taken.