Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Iris Valves Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Terrain

Re: Re: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 9:07:13 +1300
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

> >I'm not sure that the Plasma bolt is the right weapon though.
> >
> >The PBL has an enourmous blast radius that isn't evidenced in the
> >Blakes 7 show. I would have thought that the plasma torpedo is the
> >better weapon.
> >
> >Then the liberator is about a mass 100 battle cruiser and the
> >federation pursuit ships are mass 30 -40 super destroyers.
>

> But..but..they're called plasma bolts!

Just because the name is similar does not mean it has the right effect
for the game.

There are 2 weapons called Plasma one is a torpedo and the other is a
bolt. Both are complely different effects.

The Plasma Bolt actually sounds more like a burst or radiation. It has
similar properties to anti matter torpedo explosions and the damage is
affected by shields.

based on its effects the plasma bolt should be renamed the Rad pulse.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Iris Valves Next: Re: [GZG] [OT] Terrain