Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts? Next: [LST] winmail.dat? was Re: [GZG] Re: [CON] GZG ECC IX - Call for Events!

RE: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:14:09 +1000
Subject: RE: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

>Phalon layered armor for the Liberator (with some "repair" house rule,
such
>as DC can repair armour only).  Although S'Vasku may work, something
like
>the "Machine People" would probably work well.
>http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/ft/machines.htm

Layered armour is a very good idea. It will nicely
simulate being almost invulnerable at the start,
and slowly becoming less effective as the energy
banks drain. Thanks!

I don't think a repair rule is needed. Unlike Star
Trek, the Liberator never manages to recharge during
a battle, and I'm pretty sure in a couple of episodes
the crew/Zen say they need several hours.

>K-guns or Grasers for the federation would fit better than plasmabolts.

Mostly Fed ships launch plasma bolts as if they were
projectiles, so I'll keep grasers for the Liberator.
I like John Tailby's idea of using pulse torps, as
there only seems to be one size used by the Federation
but some ships can apparently fire more than others.

Thanks for the suggestions.

	cheers,
	Hugh