Prev: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest) Next: Re: [GZG] Initiative is it a game winner?

[GZG] Initiative is it a game winner?

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:57:10 +1300
Subject: [GZG] Initiative is it a game winner?

In our FT campaign we have had several battles with small numbers of
ships per side, a mass 50 light Cruiser against a couple of mass 30
destroyers.

The winner is almost always the person that won initiative in the turn
that the ships move into 12mu range, this effect is exagerated if its
the player with the bigger ship.

I have also seen points games where one side takes 6 mass 50 light
cruisers and the otherside has a mass 200 dreadnought and a mass 100
battle cruiser. As soon as the mass 200 dreadnought gets to fire it
swats several of the mass 50 cuisers either killing them outright or
crippling them.

When you have fleets of ships where the size of one combatants is
different initiative by ship gives the larger ship a significant
advantage and favours bigger ship.

Have people experimented with other types of initiative say by mass or
doing aeay with initiative and applying all damage results after all
ships and ordnance have attacks?

Prev: Re: [GZG] Nothing to do with dice (honest) Next: Re: [GZG] Initiative is it a game winner?