Prev: [OT] Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] laser classes

Re: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:29:19 +1300
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Single arc plasma bolts?

probably about 3 mass for a class 1 plasma bolt.

I'm not sure that the Plasma bolt is the right weapon though.

The PBL has an enourmous blast radius that isn't evidenced in the Blakes
7 show. I would have thought that the plasma torpedo is the better
weapon.

Then the liberator is about a mass 100 battle cruiser and the federation
pursuit ships are mass 30 -40 super destroyers.

While the liberator isn't organic it acts more like the Savasku than any
orther FT technology. Liberator regularly put on blinding turns of speed
at the expense of not doing anything else or moved slowly about and
fired at targets. It rarely did both at the same time.

Single arc missile launchers for Salvo Missiles don't sound like they
would be worth it. All it would do is reduce the mass of the launcher by
about 1 mass. The mass of the missiles in the magazine would not be
affected so you won't save much mass.

Prev: [OT] Statistics - was RE: [GZG] Re: laser classes Next: Re: [GZG] laser classes