Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

Re: [GZG] SFB to FT??

From: Zoe and Carmel Brain <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:38:02 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] SFB to FT??

Mark & Staci Drake wrote:
> Thanks for the help on this;had Zoe's old page from the wayback
> machine

My apologies.

I should really get back to restoring the full site.

But... I've been busy recently. Haven't been able to pull my weight on
the GZG playtest list, nor do much in the way of FT at all.

Just in case anyone couldn't figure it out for themselves, getting one's

external gender corrected, especially with an involuntary and unexpected

start to the process, well, it's hard. I've tried not to let it
interfere overmuch with my already hectic life, but it really is the
most difficult task I've ever attempted. Time-consuming too. *Not*
looking forward to the surgery, just the results afterwards.

I really should have done it voluntarily at 17 rather than 47. It would
have been easier, and the final result a lot better - had society been
different, and the technology of today been around in 1975. But then, I
doubt that my life would have been quite as interesting, even if almost
certainly a lot happier. The first half of my life was an adventure, and

the type of experience only one woman in about 500 has the opportunity
to have. And I have a son, something that would have been impossible. On

balance, I'm glad things happened the way they did.

But I'm even gladder that that part of my life is over now. Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible, in a few years. Same basic
person, different packaging, and a couple of minor improvements added
:).

Now if the medics could only find out why about 1 in 60,000 of the women

with 46xy chromosomes spontaneously start feminising like I and a few
others have, I'd be a lot happier. Even though it's been a blessing to
everyone it's happened to, it bugs me that there's still no good
explanation.

Sometimes SF is nowhere near as weird and incredible as Reality.

Anyway, that's my excuse. :)

Zoe
--
Zoe & Carmel Brain