Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate

[GZG] Converting 25mm Resin vehicles

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:41:59 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Converting 25mm Resin vehicles

SG platoon calls for one mortar vehicle. I'd like to use
a modified Wombat APC as that is the APC I am using for the platoon.

My thought was to fill the void with a resin pour. Then I would cut the
troop compartment off and carve the cutoff surfaces.

Questions:

Is this the best way to go about it or should I make a mold of the
wombat
and fill in the parts I don't want with modelling clay?

If I do the hack and grind method what is the best way to cut resin?
Will a
hot-wire cutter cut it? handsaw? I'd think a circular saw would be a bit
much.

Can I carve it with a wood-burning tool or will I need to use a dremel?

Just FYI I will be ordering 4 more wombats to use as APCs in the near
future. I'm not planning on molding any extras.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Turrets and bodies separate