Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP Next: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP

Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:26:15 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

On 10/13/05, Derek Fulton <djfulton@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> actually it's a crap answer.
>
> Cheers
>
> Derek

My sentiments too, though I don't fault Oerjan -- he's probably right
that that's one reason manufacturers don't try it.

As for Doug Evans' objections, of course, you'd have to have certain
limits on matches between hulls and turrets of sizes -- though there
are ways to mitigate that, especially when equipping a larger vehicle
with a smaller turret.	As for the lack of details in the area around
the hull/turret interface, these can be glued on after the turret fit
has been made, and included as parts, sold as separate kits, or
scratch built.	In fact, I would expect to see GREATER diversity of
designs, since any hull/turret combination would be possible, not just
the stock combinations.

But I'm no miniature maker, so what do I know?