Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP Next: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP

Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:01:36 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

I don't think that it's a crap answer.	At least not from what I know
about people doing casting.  So, on each mold you need to put in hulls
and
turrets.  Thus, when you cast, you get X hulls and X turrets.  If you
don't know what mix people want, you have tons of excess hulls or
turrets
sitting around.  You could recast the metal, but then you have to spend
even more casting time if you just recast the unwanted {hull/turret} and

then get an order for them.

Seems to me that from a manufacrturing standpoint, making complete
vehicles makes some sense.

*I* would certainly be happier if I could do more of what you can do
with
some models now (like ordering a Wolf MBT or a Wolf AA tank!) because
it's
more flexible.	But I won't join y'all in bitching about not being able
to.

GZG and Brigade have both allowed me to special order individual
turrets,
or non-standard mixes of things.  I *greatly* appreciate their
willingness
to do so, but I don't think that they are obligated.

Just a counter opinion to keep the fires hot... ;)

John

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University