Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: Re: [GZG] More beta ships

Re: [GZG] More beta ships

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:58:59 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] More beta ships

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:47:57AM -0600, Eric wrote:

>I have to wrap my brain around the moving through the wave mechanic.
If I
>understand correctly, moving through the wave area from behind means
you
>avoid all damage.  Is "from behind" through the small edge of the
>trapezoid (towards the origin of the shot)only?

Not sure what you mean by "the small edge of the trapezoid". What
matters is position relative to the leading edge of the wave (the
wavefront):

If your ship is in front of the wavefront before the wavefront moves,
and behind it afterwards, i.e. the moving wavefront crossed the ship's
position, it takes damage.

If your ship moves through the wavefront from front to back during the
ship's own movement phase, it takes damage.

If your ship moves through the wavefront from back to front during the
ship's movement phase but gets out of the way far enough not to get
caught when the wavefront moves, it does not take damage.

Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: Re: [GZG] More beta ships