Prev: RE: [GZG] [List] Gmail problem? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

>> It would be more deadly to use 2G with a cycle time of 1 second. A
>> 6G with a cycle time of 1 second would kill them but might also
>> turn them into a battering ram against the floor and ceiling.
>>
>> Scott

>Ok, so in terms of impact damage, it isn't that great of a system.
>What about in terms of physiologically harmfull?

>Do we have any pilots on the list? What's average G tolerance for
>an untrained (non pilot) person? 6g? I know with proper training a
>pilot can make 9g without a problem. I'd like to know how the body
>responds to taking g's over time but don't know what to google for.

>And the swing from +6g to -6g is a *really* ugly rollercoaster to
>ride in combat gear or full vac gear. You might vomit, pass out
>and then check out.

Although it may sound a bit strange, when not on the floor or ceiling
the bouncers will be in ZERO G. When on floor or ceiling the G
force would be 0G or 6G but the duration would be for less then
1/8 of a second followed by 1/2 to 1 second of zero G. The
damage will be mostly caused by the impact on the floor and
ceiling. So I ran it through the equation I gave and:

for 8 ft traveled (and air resistance not counted)
As given:
+6G/-6G cycle time .25 seconds is velocity on impact 0 to
   24 ft per second  with average velocity being 12 ft per second

optimized for 8 ft and reverse grav just at impact :
+6G/-6G cycle time .576 seconds is velocity on impact of 55 ft per
second
+2G/-2G cycle time 1.0 seconds is velocity on impact of 32 ft per second

Scott

Prev: RE: [GZG] [List] Gmail problem? Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power