Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Next: RE: [GZG] [List] Gmail problem?

[GZG] G-mail settings

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:07:47 -0400
Subject: [GZG] G-mail settings

Note that G-mail supports RTF mail formatting. I wonder if this has
anything to do with
the problem? I usually try to get my email as close to standard
plaintext ("old school" as
I think of it) as possible, so disabling Rich Text Format stuff.

FWIW, the digests of the list seem to handle most of this stuff
reasonably well.

Laserlight, I've sent you G-mail e-mail before... I don't think you've
ever remarked that
you had a problem with it, or did I miss that?

G-mail has been gradually adding new features, so it could actually be
something related
to the new features. My suspicion is that as it becomes more feature
rich, it is going to
become less useful and standards compliant, but that's only my fears
speaking. I already
have issues with stupid spam-filter lists blocking g-mail's servers (the
result of an
incredibly cro-magnon method of spam counter-measures).

Let me once again say, digests solve many of the woes people have with
listmail. Long live
the digest!

TomB

Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Next: RE: [GZG] [List] Gmail problem?