Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:01:16 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

> > A typical person can handle about 5 g (50 m/s²) before this occurs,
but
> through the combination of special g-suits and efforts to strain
muscles

> A typically physically fit person can do 5G for a few seconds if he
knows
> what he is doing. A well trained Fighter Pilot who is fit, and wearing
a G
> suit doing a strain manuever, can do 9G for a few seconds. That comes
> under
> the heading of "being lucky". Constantly pulling G's is a very
tireing,
> exausting thing.

 Of course, a pilot knows he is going to pull Gs and is seated, strapped
down into a chair.
 A Marine going down a hallway when the gravity suddenly changes
direction
is not going to be able to handle the same stress. Hell, he's likely to
break something on the first trip to the ceiling just from landing at an
awkward angle.
 If you want entertainment, just ramp the Gs up to 6 and have "down" be
what
used to be the ceiling. Even if he doesn't break something, he's
effectively
pinned to the ceiling until you decide to cut him loose or evacuate the
air
in the passageway.
John
and
again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani