Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Newest FT ships now available!! :-) Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 20:36:45 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Scott Siebold wrote:

> > In one Trav ship in a campaign I was, part of the defenses were that
> > the grav plates on deck would cycle +6g to -6g four times a second.
>
> That's just evil.
>
> I hate to say this but you may not doing them as much harm as
> you think you are doing.

*Math snipped*

> It would be more deadly to use 2G with a cycle time of 1 second. A
> 6G with a cycle time of 1 second would kill them but might also
> turn them into a battering ram against the floor and ceiling.
>
> Scott

Ok, so in terms of impact damage, it isn't that great of a system.
What about in terms of physiologically harmfull?

Do we have any pilots on the list?  What's average G tolerance for
an untrained (non pilot) person? 6g?  I know with proper training a
pilot can make 9g without a problem.  I'd like to know how the body
responds to taking g's over time but don't know what to google for.

And the swing from +6g to -6g is a *really* ugly rollercoaster to
ride in combat gear or full vac gear.  You might vomit, pass out
and then check out.

Mike