Prev: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Carrying Figures and better beta battle reports

[GZG] Re: Carrying Figures and better beta battle reports

From: David Billinghurst <davebill@c...>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:49:19 +1200
Subject: [GZG] Re: Carrying Figures and better beta battle reports

Firstly, thanks for all the responses re carrying figures about.  The
gent who suggested the two-stage metal tube stands is probably the most
efficient, but I may give the foam packing method a try first, being a
person of more thumbs than fingers when it comes to precision
engineering :)

And to Scott Siebold, <As of now my UNSC fleet has finished 76 of 160
ship stands and 30 of 72 fighter stands>, you are the MAN!  My goodness,
are you modeling the various fleets in 1:1 scale???  How many points
when 160 ships and 72 fighter groups are done?

Thanks Oerjan for the beta report data request outline, makes it easier
to give you the data you need - I have a friend who is very interested
in the NI fleet as he likes stealthy stuff.  BTW, where would you like
playtests posted?  Here?  To you?

Had my first proper battle against a live opponent on Wednesday.  We
used the Vector movement system and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Memo to
self, don't accelerate beyond about 3xThrust if you intend to manoeuver!
 We used an 8x4 table (my wargames table is a particle board flooring
sheat) and used a mu of 1cm.  At low speeds, manoeuver is painful.  The
tendency, then, is to over-accelerate and you shoot off the table!
Weapon ranges seem about right, though.  At high accelerations I was
reminded of the old Mad magazine Star Wars gag ("our weapons fire at the
speed of light, and our ships travel at almost the speed of light,
therefore, we have just shot ourselves down!").  The glorious ESU
Flotilla 51 successfully defended most of the convoy against the evil
Delta Trianguli separatist raiding force, the survivors of which were
last seen shooting off the table at V36 in an attempt to sling-shot
around the primary and escape back to their lair.  Memo to all pirates:
Thrust 2 freighters can dodge, if the enemy is going too fast for more
than one shot!

Regards

David