Prev: Re: [GZG] The Borg... Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Attack Vector pics

Re: [GZG] Carrying around figures

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Carrying around figures

>I agree with point 3.

>As for storage it is much easier to store ships without large bases. I
just
>cut a hole in the foam I store the minis in. NB, I have only done this
with
>FSE,
>UNSC, and Star Trek. UNSC is a bear to pack no matter what basing
>you use.
>
>When I started this I was riding a motorcycle full time. The minis had
>take up as little room as possible and be extremely well padded.

Actually my UNSC fleet is about the same as all of my other fleets

with permenently mounted stands. As of now my UNSC fleet has

finished 76 of 160 ship stands and 30 of 72 fighter stands. The

secret is that when transporting a fleet I put the ships for a game

 in a seperate plastic container and put bubble wrap on top.

The Massonite base forms a stable stand and the bubble wrap

stops ships from shifting and bouncing. Each of my fleets is

stored at home	in a seperate rolling set of shelves (try

business supply stores) that are easy to store.

I have no comment about motorcycle transport other then to

suggest that you ship UPS (or equivilent) near to where you

will game and instruct to pickup at shipping dock. Did this for

a three week vacation and didn't have to lug around suitcases

full of clean (or dirty) cloths on the airplane.

Scott

Prev: Re: [GZG] The Borg... Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Attack Vector pics