Prev: Re: [GZG] Care and Carrying of Figures Next: [GZG] Re: RE: Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)

Re: [GZG] Care and Carrying of Figures

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:53:00 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] Care and Carrying of Figures

In a message dated 9/15/2005 6:13:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
davebill@clear.net.nz writes:

Hi All,

Have painted up some ships, made some asteroids  (scoria on a stick
works
very well), and was wondering how people store and  move their ships
about?

I've considered magnetic strip (but the hex ship  bases are often
concave in
shape) and slot trays, such as I use for my Ren  figures (but starships
are
usually bigger than their bases and will knock	against each other), and
even
the old stand-by of an old t-shirt in the box  with the ships lying on
the
fabric (but then they slide about and it puts  stress on the link point
between the
stand and the ship).

So, suggestions welcomed!

Regards

David

I do use the magnit strips. I get a thin peice of metal to glue to the
bottom of the hx base. This does two things for me. Usually I use a
metal piece
about a 1/4 inch wider ad longer the the hex base for cruiser of less in
size.
Some of the larger crusier and capitals I use metal plates about 1/2" to
 1"

1. allows me to maget it in the case I put them in...
2. also allows better balance on table games where a cloth surfase
causes
the miniature to fall over. the metal base glue to the original hex base
gives
it a wider surface to sit on.

Vince

Prev: Re: [GZG] Care and Carrying of Figures Next: [GZG] Re: RE: Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)