Prev: [GZG] RE: HH minis Next: RE: [GZG] Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)

RE: [GZG] Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:05:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [GZG] Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Just on the cursory read I've had they look interesting. How do they
> play?

They are actually pretty simple to play, although it is complex to
explain.

If you are going to try them, I would suggest first adding them
straight to the ships that you normally play with.  I.e. adding these
rules with everyone "as per FB SSD's/construction rules" at Standard
Quality (lvl 3) Stealth, ECM, and FCS.	As ships are damaged, they will
loose Stealth and ECM levels, and become easier to hit.  Over the
course of a couple of games, you can get the feel of the system before
you add Enhanced and/or Superior Stealth and ECM.

However, since the loss of levels is tied to threshold checks, the
really small ships that some listers seem to like might not suffer much
degrading of their abilities before they go *pop*.  <shrug>

On the other hand, another interesting side effect of this system is
that the tiny "decoy escorts" people like to use to bait away FB-style
salvo missiles are not effective if they use enhanced stealth or ECM,
since the missiles think they are out of range.  If they are
unstealthed or turn off their ECM, then they are easier to pick off
with other weapons before the missiles arrive.

Prev: [GZG] RE: HH minis Next: RE: [GZG] Stealth, ECM and FCS suggestion (long)