Prev: RE: [GZG] HH minis Next: RE: [GZG] HH minis

RE: [GZG] HH minis

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:11:10 -0400
Subject: RE: [GZG] HH minis

Dean,

Thanks for the update and correction. :)

Seeing the sizes in print helps a lot.

John

--On Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:47 AM -0500 Star Ranger
<dean@star-ranger.com> wrote:

>> One thing to keep in mind with the HH minis - they'll be small.
>> In the HH
>> universe, ships are HUGE.  In the Ad Astra SITS game, they ships
>> have to be
>> able to fit in roughly the space of the cardboard box ship counters
that
>> they use.  So most of the ships will be small when compared to an
>> FT ship,
>> but I hear that the cargo ships are pretty big, being around
2.5"-3.5"
>> long. :)
>
> They have changed the scale again to 1:12000 so the minis will be even
> larger.  The big cargo ships are a bit over 4" and the SDNs when
released
> will be even larger than that.  The small DDs are over and inch long
> (29.3mm to 31.7mm)  I have a table of the sizes of all the miniatures
in
> this release up on my website:
> http://www.star-ranger.com/SITS.htm
>
>> "SITS" stands for "Saganami Island TACTICAL Simulator" (my emphasis),
you
>> can bet that it is a much more complicated set of rules, with a very
>> different intent than Full Thrust.
>
> In the works is "Saganami Island Fleet Training" along with "Attack
> Vector: Fleets" which will probably remove the 3D aspect but still use
> vector movement.  They will be more comparable to FT and it sounds
like
> they will include some rules on how well the sub-commanders of the
fleet
> follow the admiral's orders.
>
> Dean Gundberg
>
> Starship Combat News
> The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
> http://www.star-ranger.com
> dean@star-ranger.com

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: RE: [GZG] HH minis Next: RE: [GZG] HH minis