Prev: WARNING(virus check bypassed): RE: [GZG] Combat Walker Mercenary Unit (long and in the right format) Next: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee

Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

From: Roger Books <roger.books@g...>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:32:51 -0400
Subject: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

On 8/30/05, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

> In general, do you prefer your starships to be smooth and sleek
> (example: Trek Federation ships) or blocky and complex (example: B5
> Earth Alliance)?

Both.  I like to see the smaller ships streamlined for atmospheric
entry.
I like to see large ships blocky because they won't be entering
atmosphere.

I still remember being annoyed at the "small boys" pulled up to the
pier while we had to ride utility boats from the carrier.  Of course
after
we were in the North Atlantic in a winter storm I made it a point to
talk about how I enjoyed being gently rocked to sleep by the ship.
For some reason that bothered the guys who had been walking on
the bulkheads of a destroyer.  :)

Roger Books