Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005 Next: [GZG] Combat Walker Mercenary Unit (long and in the right format)

[GZG] Combat Walker-based Mercenary Unit (long)

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:02:55 -0700
Subject: [GZG] Combat Walker-based Mercenary Unit (long)

TO&E I am working on for my Combat Walker Mercenary
unit.  I don't have a name or any of that yet, just really in the
preliminary thinking process.  In this list, the walkers are drawn from
various nationalities chosen by the Mercenary commander for their
ability to fill the roles they are assigned to.

The Oni is going to be a Class 1 Walker, based on the DP9 Black Adder
Heavy Gear mini and will fulfill the basic combat role as well as a
number of specialty functions dependent on weapons load.  The Grendel is
going to be a Class 3 walker, based on the DP9 Mammoth Strider and will
be used in a heavy assault role.  The Jishin, noted in the sample TO&E
is not likely to ever take the field, but is represented by the new
Thunderhammer strider from DP9 and is a pure support walker, likely
class 4 or so that sports powerful artillery.  This is likely to evolve
and change as I work on it, but this is where I am starting from.

Combat Walker Mercenary Unit

Standard Company
Company HQ Platoon
	HQ Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)
	2iC Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)
	Security Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)

Assault Platoon (Assigned from the Assault Company)
	Command Squad (2 Grendel Assault Walkers)
	Assault Squad (2 Grendel Assault Walkers)
	Assault Squad (2 Grendel Assault Walkers)

Three Combat Platoons
	Command Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)
	Combat Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)
	Combat Squad (4 Type 3 Oni Combat Walkers)

The Command HQ Platoon usually remains in reserve during any battlefield
operation as does the Assault Platoon.	Combat Platoons operate
independently based on individual mission assignments.	Any platoon has
direct support authority and may call on artillery support from the
Support Company.

The Assault Platoon assigned to the Combat Company is allocated by the
Company Command HQ and is deployed on a needs basis.  Because the
Grendel Assault Walkers are costly, most Company Commanders are very
conservative and do not freely deploy them unless absolutely necessary.

Long-range support is provided by a huge, Type 30 Jishin Support
Walkers.    These massive, four-legged walkers carry plasma artillery
guns that lob power bolts of plasma long distances.  The Jishin, like
the Grendel, are prized assets of the unit and are kept well out of
harm's way.

Unit Names
Platoons are named from various forms monkeys and apes with a two number
combination designating squad/and individual walker.  For example the
4th Walker in the 3rd Squad of Gorilla Platoon would have the call sign
of "Gorilla-3-4".