Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 17, 2005 Next: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005

Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:21:32 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005

Oerjan Ariander wrote:
> Claus Paludan wrote:

> A comment to the question at the end of the report: if you used the
> Komarov stats for the Elizaveta, her only hope for survival is to
repair
> the engines and come to a full stop before the Kraks begin to tear her

> up. Most of her weapons are concentrated into the three forward arcs,
> and with thrust-2 drives (once she manages to repair them!) spinning
in
> place is the only way she can bring them to bear against a
well-handled
> Kra'Vak squadron...

:) well let me give you a bit more info here then. (was writing the
batrep at work so time was an issue...) This was our first game with
anything larger than a BC so we were really testing out the endurance of

the SDN. It took quite a while for the engines to be repaired but in the

first game the Kra'vak came in waaaayyyy too fast :) (see the dream
position). But when you roll 14 dice and only 3 of them is a 4,5 and 6
you don't do much damage to anything :)  The second game was much better

in that respect - all guns were on-line  and the drive came back to full

speed fast as well - but even facing almost frontal to the enemy didn't
do a lot (bad dice again).

> So no, it isn't the K-guns that are too powerful. It is the scenario -
> single ship which can't manoeuvre and has very few weapons facing
> backwards is dead no matter what the enemy attacks her with :-/

When I say powerfull I mean that when "on target" they tend to produce a

bit more damage than beams does, thus the usual evasive action is to
move around a lot evening out the odds. So too powerfull here only means

that in the scenario the slow moving/turning SDN doesn't stand much of a

chance (rather what we suspected and calculated with - either it would
be too powerful and blast the Kra'vak off the table or the other way
around). We didn't plan on an equal game. The interesting part with
turning the table is to see if beam weapons can remove 14-18 hull points

per turn (as the K-guns did).

But no matter what - the large ships SHOULD have escort ships to protect

them - no question about that :)

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

W-site : http://www.krigsspil.dk - Danish Miniature Wargaming Society
MSN : claus_paludan [at] hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 17, 2005 Next: Re: [GZG] Battlereport from August 31, 2005