Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee Next: Re: [GZG] Target Identification and IFF

Re: [GZG] vehicle ID

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:31:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] vehicle ID

the Air Force:

The faster you move, and the lower you fly, the less time you have for
target identification.
 That's why the US Army invented FACs and even then it wasn't uncommon
for
blue on blue.
 John
 On 8/29/05, jason standlea <freke_ravenshammer@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I'm forcefully reminded of the widely used picture of a panzer III
> advancing into russia with a huge mucking german flag strapped over
the
> turret top to the eager stuka pilots knew to aim the other way :)

and
again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee Next: Re: [GZG] Target Identification and IFF